Betta acting up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UAVFISH

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a male blue crowntail with a red fin/tail. He is very new to me, 3 days to be exact and he likes to go behind his plant and just sit there... He also sits at the bottom a lot... Is that normal? I just want the best for him. :fish2:

EDIT: I know sitting at the bottom is normal for newer fish, but from what I was told he shouldn't be doing that anymore...

Last edited:
I have a male blue crowntail with a red fin/tail. He is very new to me, 3 days to be exact and he likes to go behind his plant and just sit there... He also sits at the bottom a lot... Is that normal? I just want the best for him. :fish2:

EDIT: I know sitting at the bottom is normal for newer fish, but from what I was told he shouldn't be doing that anymore...

how big is the tank and do you have a heater? a filter? are there any other fish in the tank?

No heater, we do have a filter and it is just him in his 0.7 gal tank ( I do plan to get a bigger)

You should get the bigger tank as soon as possible plus a heater I have a 10 gallon for my beta with heater and filter

No heater, we do have a filter and it is just him in his 0.7 gal tank ( I do plan to get a bigger)

definitely needs a bigger tank and a heater ASAP. bettas are tropical fish. they'll survive for a while without the heater but they'll suffer. bettas should be in nothing less than a 3.5 gallon tank and even that's pushing it. i've never had one in less than a 5 gallon. heaters are an absolute must for them. and a tank that small is just not enough for anything to survive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom