Betta and kuhli loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I finally caught all 4 of my kuhli loaches and was about to dump them into my 55g from my 20g long then I thought about my ten gallon betta tank. I'd much rather them in the 10 gallon so I was hoping to get some other people's thoughts on it.
The ten gallon just has the male betta
The 55 has 4 Angels a couple swords and 2 botia loaches and a clown loach

Thoughts?

I don't think a betta would have a problem with peaceful bottom feeders like Kuhli loaches. I know they get along great with Cories. That said, I'm pretty sure Kuhlies need a tank larger than 10 gallons. They'd be a bit cramped in a 10. I can't say whether they'd get along with your other loaches though.

A 10 is too small for these guys long term. Also like will all bettas, temperament is key. Congratulating you on catching them though. This is one thing I never want to even attempt. How did you do it?

Cool thanks guys, I thought a ten would be small but it was such a pain getting them out of the 20 I knew I'd never get them in the 55. Oh well, they're in the 55 now. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom