Betta and Parrot Fish with persisting Ick problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solarcat1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my Betta Pierre and Fred the Parrot Fish (two tanks) have developed ICK :cry: on their tails and I treated them with ick fizz tablets but the ick doesn't clear up. I also used almond leaves in Pierre's water and I do water changes 25% every day with filtered water in tank temperature (78F) and the ick is still present although I throw in another tablet. :( Does any of you know of anything else I could do for Pierre and Fred. They are both energetic and attentive, they eat, swim and act normal. It's a 1 gallon tank for Pierre with airstone, no filter, no heater, but in the middle of the office with no draft or radiator contact and a 3 gallon tank for baby Fred with bio wheel filter and air stone, no heater but the tank maintains 78F. Thanks.

Get a heater for both tanks. Your fish will love you for it. Temperature flucuations may be the reason they contracted ich in the first place.

Raise the temperature to a steday 86F and leave it there for 2 weeks (atleast). The ich will be gone.

I agree with DT, heat works well. It may still take a long time for them to get over the ich but heat will work in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom