Betta Emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IttyBittyFishy.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So over the past couple of days, my 2 year old betta has been acting somewhat sluggish compared to her usual self. I honestly didn't think much of it until today (my error). Today she looks terrible. She's barely moving at all and has some sort of whitish/clear mass that appears to be coming out of her gil. This is not looking good. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with her? I know the pictures aren't great but it's the best I could do.

10 gallon tank (set up 2 years)
Not sure about water parameters because I'm out of testing stuff but I just did a water 60% change
I feed her betta pellets and brine shrimp

Another thing:

I just measured the temperature of the tank, and it's on 74 degrees (it's set to 78) so clearly my heater hasn't been working. Could this lower temperature be a factor?

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2490.jpg
    IMG_2490.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 46
Solution

Thank you for your post. From the pictures you have provided it seems like your betta fish is suffering from a fungal infection. You should immediately treat him with API PIMAFIX. You can find this stuff from your local aquatics centre or Amazon. It is advisable for you to also purchase the API Master Test Kit, quote the water parameters below and I will resolve.

I hope everything gets betta soon! :):fish2::fish1:

Back
Top Bottom