Betta Fish Illness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LudoNo1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

Currently have a betta fish who I've always suspected is on the old side. I rescued him from Pets at Home where his tail was all ragged and he'd looked to have been suffering from fin rot.

Anyway, I've had him for 6 months and he really blossomed into a beautiful little fish. Over the past week or so he's barely moved. In fact, he's only moved from my live plant that's in the tank to the side of his decoration or inside that same decoration. Then I came home from work yesterday and his tail was just lying in the middle of the tank. He's also lost a significant amount of his colour.

I've added fin rot treatment and a moderate amount of salt and done regular 25-50% water changes but nothing seems to have changed. If it weren't for the tail issue I'd have assumed it's because of his age but alas something just isn't right.
Zero sign of ammonia and my parameters are:
0 Nitrites
0 Nitrates
0 Hardness
5 Carbonate Hardness
7.0 PH
0.0 Chlorine
6 Carbon Dioxide

Which judging by the strips (Api) are all in the green range.

I've also checked the temperature and it's 24 degrees Celsius.

I've added a pic of him in happier times and what he's like now.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Ill.jpg
    Ill.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 13
Here’s help

I had a very sick goldfish before, clean water, I added medicine for fish, I tried everything and it didn’t work, Betta fish need a quiet space or else they get stressed and they barely move, also when you’re doing the whole salt process make sure it’s in another tank, it could be the tank that’s making your fish sick if another fish died in the tank and you didn’t clean it properly after if it’s mostly quiet and you’re still worried about your betta you can make more room for your betta and try to feed it mostly fruits and vegetables, if your betta stops eating, put 2 tiny pieces of minced garlic in the tank, it helps with their appetite and it’s worked wonders with sick goldfish I’ve had before e

Also they way your betta looks, make sure it’s not a problem with its stomach or it’s fins, the inside of his stomach could have something wrong with it if you fed your betta too big of a piece of food or fed your betta a food that you weren’t supposed to (note: it’s okay we all make mistakes) if all doesn’t change I’d put him down so he doesn’t have to suffer

Back
Top Bottom