Betta ill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve had the neons over a year, would really like to keep them ☹️

In that case keeping the water at 25°C until they are gone won't hurt the betta. I'd just replace them as time goes on with Cardinals as time goes and when they are gone bump the temp up a little.

Before I knew better I kept a betta in a 1 gallon bowl for 4 years with no filtration or heat. They are resilient fish and can do well in less than optimal conditions for a long time.
I’ve had the neons over a year, would really like to keep them [emoji852]️

I haven't heard that. I got a school of them sitting in 78 degree water as we speak for about 3 years now. Probably another fish with multiple stated temp ranges which confuses.

I haven't heard that. I got a school of them sitting in 78 degree water as we speak for about 3 years now. Probably another fish with multiple stated temp ranges which confuses.
I understand. My bad then.
Yes I agree with going ahead and raising the temperature to 26°C

Ok will do then, as long as all my fish will be happy [emoji4]

If you got a digital thermostat that does .5 degree increments then you could do 25.5 degrees Celsius if you would be more comfortable with that.

It’s an interpet one I think, with a twisty thing at the top so I can set at any temp I want

So a heater with a built in thermostat? I've owned two of those and i was never able to get one that was accurate.... At least with what my actual tank water registered. I'm convinced the heater is probably running say 80 degrees but the water could be 78. IME.

I kinda screwed up my question to you. I meant a digital thermometer that shows .5 increments.

Ah right, the heater doesn’t quite match up with what it says but, I have a liquid crystal display thermometer and a traditional one as well, the liquid crystal one colours two numbers at the same time if the temperature is .5 if you get what I mean

Tested the water today, I’ve got little to no ammonia (colours are a bit indecisive) no nitrites and I think it was 0.20ppm nitrates, so the water is good! I’m going to do a weeks medication of API primafix just to make sure.

QUESTION:
When dosing for the 7 days, should I do a water change or leave the water change till after the 7 days?

Tested the water today, I’ve got little to no ammonia (colours are a bit indecisive) no nitrites and I think it was 0.20ppm nitrates, so the water is good! I’m going to do a weeks medication of API primafix just to make sure.

QUESTION:
When dosing for the 7 days, should I do a water change or leave the water change till after the 7 days?
I'd follow whatever the directions say. Keep an eye on the ammonia just in case though.

Back
Top Bottom