betta sorority

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
so this is just an idea i had for my 10g. currently i have 3 bettas, ive tried to keep them together and they did not get along, but it was in a 5g and way to crowded (i was a noob) and not enough hiding places. i was thinking of trying again and adding 2 more bettas to the 10g with lots of hiding places. just an idea whta do you think?

If any of them are male, it will fail unfortunately. Females can be kept in "sorority" tanks, but that is hit and miss and I'd typically recommend a 20G or larger.

they are all females. and okay i just wanted to see if i could do it, i know some people have had success

Very cool. I misunderstood. Personally, I'd try it with the three you already have. Keep a backout plan in mind and add them all at once. I have not kept a female betta tank myself so I'm doing a bit of speculating.

I recently broke up my sorority. It was a heavily planted 10 gal. Though I was lucky enough that none of my girls did serious damage to eachother, after several months they just didn't seem happy. Lots of hiding and chasing. They seemed to be surviving, not thriving. I had to get them all their own tanks. This is a pretty major investment to set up for 5-6 bettas at one time. I would definitely not try a sorority in your 10 gal. I wouldn't even do one in a larger tank. Bettas are great community fish but they are happiest without another betta around. ;)

I recently broke up my sorority. It was a heavily planted 10 gal. Though I was lucky enough that none of my girls did serious damage to eachother, after several months they just didn't seem happy. Lots of hiding and chasing. They seemed to be surviving, not thriving. I had to get them all their own tanks. This is a pretty major investment to set up for 5-6 bettas at one time. I would definitely not try a sorority in your 10 gal. I wouldn't even do one in a larger tank. Bettas are great community fish but they are happiest without another betta around. ;)
okay i wont do one then i dont want one of my bettas to get hurt thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom