Betta Swim Bladder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 2 year old make betta fish is having ussues floating it seems. If he swims to the bottom it takes a lot of effort and he floats right back to the top very fast and stays there if he goes in his little cave he is stuck to the top. Also when he is at the waters surface he is mainly on his side. What should I do?

Has he been bloated at all? Sometimes swim bladder issues can be related to constipation. Feeding daphnia and treating with epsom salt might be beneficial if this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We really need all the info requested in the "read before posting" before we can give good suggestions. Otherwise we are just guessing.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Overlooked that sorry. Here is all of the background info. It's a betta fish that appears to have something wrong with its swim bladder due to its inability to stay at a depth in the water Collumn. Every thing is 0 nitrate is about 15-20 ph 7.4 and heat 72. 5 gallon set up 2 years. Aquaclear 20 hob, only 1 betta in the tank. 50% water change every 5 days fish is a little kver 1 year old and fed hikari pellets.

Back
Top Bottom