Betta with an attitude?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kwhite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! I have a male crowntail betta in a 2.5 gal tank all by himself. He usually swims to the front and acts all excited when I come up to the tank, I guess he figures its feeding time. Last night when I went to feed him, he had the sides of his head all flared out at me. Only other time I have seen that was when I had 1 lone female and added a 2nd female, the first female did that to the 2nd and bullied her until I took her back out. The first female died a few weeks later and the 2 nd is now happily inhabiting my 25 gal.
Anyway, this morning he is still flaring his head out, but towards the back side of the tank. could he be seeing his own reflection in the tank? What in the world is he doing that for if not? I sure don't want him to be sick, I like him a lot. He's got a great personality and is gorgeous.

Thanks!

Here is a pic of my pretty boy

Attachments

• image-3218321315.jpg
    image-3218321315.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 53
Here is a pic of my pretty boy

He is not sick I have one too... Hey use to do that when the see theirselves reflecting on the glass... Hahah it's a funny thing.. It's normal don't need to worry about it.. And it's normal that they flare at u too... They probably do this at u because they get a lil bit scared because ur fast movements towards him.,.

Thanks!! I love to sit across the room and watch him swim. Glad to hear his behavior is normal. I've had some sad luck with fish the last few months. Don't wanna lose any more!

Thanks again!

Thanks!! I love to sit across the room and watch him swim. Glad to hear his behavior is normal. I've had some sad luck with fish the last few months. Don't wanna lose any more!

Thanks again!

Hehehe well I do the same thing with mine.. Hehhe I love to see him swimming... :p sometimes he is such a silly boy but I adore him.!! Hehehe. He has 9 months since I got him..

The male ct I have right now is very aggressive. He flares at me if I even dare to lean in to look at him closely. He flares at any object I put outside his tank too. Where I had his tank originally was causing too much reflections and he was in constant attack mode. He saw his reflection everywhere he looked. I had to move his tank out of the shadows and into direct light from every side to get rid of the reflections.

I've had males who didn't flare at all though. They all have their own personality.

Back
Top Bottom