Bettas Breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well its really just sitting in there on its side leaning on the side of the tank so it didnt roll at all.... and the babies asr now free swiming and hanging around the heater.... they are so cute... when the get bigger i can take a pic but i tried to and it just dont work

Attachments

• dsc00146.jpg
    dsc00146.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 65
only until they were free swimming he needs to be there until they can swim on thier own other wise they will fall to the bottom and die

Sunday I bought a pair of Betta for a 5 gallon planted tank at my desk. I left the water at about 2/3 for the plants. Today, Tuesday we witnessed the awesome father do his thing and catch each egg. We were so surprised because we didnt expect them to breed....I had a pair a few years ago and they never bothered each other or mated. However, the condition proved to be perfect and the father is patiently tending his nest. :roll: I think it is SO cute, expecially for an 'agressive' fish. The picture shows that no special care was taken for breeding...he set up his nest right in front.

My problem now is getting food for the fry. I only have 3-5 days until the fry start eating and I havent started any cultures of miniworms or brine shrimp.

**Any recommendations for a short cut to get my super-tiny food source?

Any assistance is appreciated! Also want to give a shout out to Betatalk.com for her awesome website resource.

Attachments

• betta-daddy2.jpg
    betta-daddy2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom