Big changing lump behind fin - fantail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rachpen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right place... I'm really worried about Percy, my fantail goldfish, he has a big lump behind his gill (Soft) and I think it is an internal parasite, although I'm not certain it isn't only an abscess. If I treat him for internal parasite, will he be okay if it isn't one? How can I know?

The lump seems to change over a period of a couple of days. Right now it's small and very stuck out, but 2 days ago it was larger and flatter. It's really very strange. He's eating fine, but slightly stringy, light coloured poo recently. Swimming energetically even, but occasional balance problems (head down) which I am guessing is due to the lopsided lump at the moment, rather than something else?

I'm afraid I have no real experience with goldfish disease (luckily I have previously been disease free)

Can anyone help with any ideas, I will try to post pictures as soon as I can and have quarantined into 20 gallons (Previously in 60 gallon bi-orb with his 2 goldfish friends...) unfortunately no filtration system where he is quarantined as no additional tank, but I couldn't risk the others being infected with this too.

Back
Top Bottom