Big shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a shrimp about two days ago labeled as a ghost shrimp except he's alot bigger than any ghost shrimp i've seen. He's about an inch and a half long and has long antenna's. He doesn't bother my other fish , it just eats fish flakes. Is this another kind of shrimp or a really big ghost shrimp?

Create a post, type your message scroll down and there is an attachment section. Click browse, and find the pic on your computer. If the picture is too big, it will say so at the top of the page. If you need to resise it, you can use paint.

Here's a pic. It looks like a regular ghost shrimp except it's probably the biggest ghost shrimp i've seen.

Attachments

• shrimp..jpg
    shrimp..jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 181
Looks like a ghost shrimp to me. The kink usually gives it away. And I don't know what you're smoking, but you can't do a resize in paint. Maybe cut a smaller piece out of the picture and create a new smaller picture, but that's not resizing. Technically...

Looks like a female ghost shrimp to me. Female get bigger than males. It should max out at 2 inchs if it gets that big.

If it's a female you might be able to get yourself an endless supply of feeder shrimp. :)

(btw Resizing is called Stretch/Skew in paint under windows XP, I forget what version they added it in)

Skyrmir said:
If it's a female you might be able to get yourself an endless supply of feeder shrimp. :)

You wouldn't be able to hatch the eggs without brackish to marine water conditions.

Hmmmm,. yes the tank is brackish and my ghost shrimp tried to eat my bumbel bee goby.

Back
Top Bottom