Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess... It appears that they may have separated the combined package and renamed the outflow to Efflux F1, and the inflow pipe as Influx X1s... I think when they were bundled under the same name, it was 5 bucks less (I think).

Are you looking to get a special breed of betta, Bill? Not just the normal Petsmart/Petco variety?

BTW, what are you using as your first layer in your rescape? Is it AS topped with sand?

Are you looking to get a special breed of betta, Bill? Not just the normal Petsmart/Petco variety?

BTW, what are you using as your first layer in your rescape? Is it AS topped with sand?

Actually... No... Haha, a normal betta from petco would suffice...

Oh, the substrate is all quickrete play sand.

Haha.. Cool. I think those petco bettas are fine too. I love my $3 female betta from Petsmart.

That's strange, from the FTS picture you last posted, it looks like you have a dark layer under the light colored sand. My eyes deceive me or you got some camera trickery going on! Lol

Haha, no no, it just appears that way because of how far the light penetrates.

Yeah, I'm fine with saving one of those poor bettas... I actually like females more, which is weird cuz I think most people like the large fins of the males. Maybe sometime down the road I'll pick up a fancy breed.

Okay... I may retract my previous statement about the petco bettas... Autumnsky sent me a link to this lady's youtube videos and she has some GOURGEOUS females in her videos... I may end up waiting to buy one if hers...

Long time no update!

I had some issues with BBA after the rescape. However, after spot dosing and over dosing excel, I think I have it under control. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I finally installed the window screen back in the light, and have been bumping the hours up every few weeks. The tank has been staying extremely clean! I have yet had to clean any of the stones, and the glass BARELY gets any green spots over the course of a week. Maintenance is much easier now, I love it!

The Blyxa was growing taller in some areas and needed to be trimmed and spread out, so I did that today. Along with cutting the Hrydrocotyle up and replanting to get a more dense look, eventually. I think now, once everything grows in, I'll achieve the look I'm going for. I'm also having problems with the sand turning brown. Not sure if its diatoms or what, it doesn't vacuum out, so I'm just letting it run its course. Had a neon jump last night. Luckily my dog was sniffing it, my wife saw and called me over. Don't know how long it was out, but when I threw it back in it floated upside for a few seconds and then righted itself and swam away! :lol: I also adjusted some of the stones today, but I'm sure it's unnoticeable. I'd still like to add some more amano shrimp and snails, but I'm broke as heck right now, so no aquarium funds to speak of for a while. Sorry for the poor pics, but you get the idea... ;)
img_2619016_0_286dd1cfeb2e31e75feb1b09004875d5.jpg
img_2619016_1_f43b31200aed7a8bd11f186b772533fd.jpg

Looks good dude... hopefully that brown stuff on the sand goes away. Most likely diatoms. Just curious, how do you attach the window screen to the light? Just in case I ever want to go low tech on my 6g to get some shrimp in there.

Looks good dude... hopefully that brown stuff on the sand goes away. Most likely diatoms. Just curious, how do you attach the window screen to the light? Just in case I ever want to go low tech on my 6g to get some shrimp in there.

Thanks man, I just cut a thin piece and put it between the splash guard and LEDs... It requires removing one of the end caps.

Looks great!

I like the new look alot.
It must save you alot of time since u dont have to trim as much

Looks great!

I like the new look alot.
It must save you alot of time since u dont have to trim as much

Thanks! It does save me a load of time! I probably won't trim again until the blyxa gets so thick it starts to die... :lol:

Now if I can just figure out what the deal is with the sand... Anyone have problems with sand like this...? Specifically quickrete play sand?

My new girlfriend, Sophia...
img_2626837_0_58cf3536bc3bebaea844832fce4be569.jpg

And some updated shots of the tank. Plant growth has been great. I've been dosing heavy each day... I like the idea of having excess nutrients... If I miss a day, no biggie... As I feel most algae I've faced was due to bottoming out on nutrients.
img_2626837_1_25bf5d914a6b0ae2cecae1cd67692f96.jpg
img_2626837_2_3fdda642990dc0894050a7f8f423a64a.jpg
img_2626837_3_927aae30b707a09a4a4aed4205534d23.jpg
img_2626837_4_e65913fd2546f7c6be2732a41412b595.jpg

My new girlfriend, Sophia...
And some updated shots of the tank. Plant growth has been great. I've been dosing heavy each day... I like the idea of having excess nutrients... If I miss a day, no biggie... As I feel most algae I've faced was due to bottoming out on nutrients.

Looking good! Your new girlfriend is pretty. :)

Back
Top Bottom