bio-balls vs. bio-rings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not imo ive tryed both and couldnt tell a difference between the two. The rings are easier t clean them some bio balls. It just depens on what your looking at.

Bioballs are meant to be used in a trickle-down-system, not submerged. Knowing this, I'd picks the rings.

The marineland bio-balls look different than the normal bioballs, but they also look harder to clean. Its not for me.

I was mostly worried about the ceramic breaking down over time, especially since fluval recommends changing them every 6 months, which I wouldn't do, but I figure they say that so you keep buying them

I was mostly worried about the ceramic breaking down over time, especially since fluval recommends changing them every 6 months, which I wouldn't do, but I figure they say that so you keep buying them

Sounds like a marketing ploy because I have been using the same ceramic rings for a few years and aside from a slight color change, there has been no cracking or crumbling.

Back
Top Bottom