Bio cube to 57 gal rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navaljonf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will be transferring my 24 gal bio cube to a 57 gal rimless tank over the holiday. The 57 gal is off craigslist and will come with coral, rock, etc. the only fish I plan to keep will be the black cap basslet. Everything else will go to the LFS for store credit to help me buy the 16000 120Watt Maxspect Razor LED light. The tank comes with a RS-200 sump which I plan to use. I am staining a new stand this new stain color from mini-wax called classic grey. I will post pics as I progress. Here is my current tank: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387552069.171616.jpg

The transfer is complete. I still need to install the sump, GFO reactor, skimmer, and aqua scape a little but everything is coming together real nice. I will post pics later this evening.

Yes. I plan to keep it in the display tank. I don't mind removing it plus I get some store credit at the LFS. I didn't get to work on the tank much today but here's a pic of the work in progress.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387770310.308865.jpg

Rock scape complete for now. Can't seem to find the black cap basslet... All other fish look great. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387850587.703638.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387850601.140758.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387850614.743055.jpg

Found the basslet, hiding behind the large rock in the back. Any recommendations on additional fish to add? I was thinking a wrasse but I need to get a lid for the tank first.

Got a hawk fish the other day. He is a lot of fun to watch. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388718892.908564.jpg

Long nose is correct. I'd like to see him try to eat my goby , they are almost the same size. I've had my YWG for over 5 yrs. He can hold his own.

No issues so far. I have a cleaner, pistol shrimp and a few hermit crabs. He seems more interested in watching me watch him.

Quick update...my YWG found the pistol shrimp. So these two are once more inseparable

Looks great, but i wouldnt put a kole tang in a 57g. Everyone was getting pissed at me for wanting one in my 60. Unless your tanks 4ft. Is it? Never new the dimensions. Is he eating well?

Back
Top Bottom