Bio-Spira for new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When using Bio-Spira you need to make sure its kept cold until you use it, and make sure you really shake it very well before adding it. Get the 3oz size (for a 90 gallon tank) and use half of it. Keep the other half in the fridge. You can add practically your entire bio-load after you add the Bio-Spira.

You need to check your water parameters every day to ensure that it worked. Be prepared to do large water changes if you get a bad batch.

Silver dollars get to be 12 inches. A "small group" would probably outgrow the tank.
Here's some info on Silver Dollars
http://fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/572.htm

The Bio-Spira and the full tankload (following safe stocking levels, of course) should be added at once. The B-S would self adjust itself for the small group of tetras and you'd probably have a mini cycle to deal with after adding the silver dollars (which is a larger bio load).

The last tank that I cycled it took 7 days. It was a fishless cycle I used bottled ammonia and used old media from one of my other tanks. It was great! I would do that again if I needed to cycle another tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom