Bio-spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you asking what type of bottled bacteria to use? The only 2 I would let anywhere my tank would be Dr. Tim's One and Only Nitrifying Bacteria and Tetra SafeStart. From everything I've studied...they're basically the only two which contain the correct strains of beneficial bacteria. The majority of others basically contain a "substitute" form which doesn't establish a natural bio-filter and can potentially cause issues down the road.

The bacteria you need is also free in the air around you :). Using a piece of established media from another tank is the best bet.

So I got a question about doing a fish cycle. I think the reason my puffer died in the ten gallon was because the tank is not fully cycled. So I have a male and female Molly I put in the ten gallon to cycle it. How do I do the fish in cycle and how do I know when the cycle is done so I can put my dp in it? The Mollies would go to different tank of course!

Back
Top Bottom