Biocube 29 floating specs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looks like i may have these specs from the sand not being cleaned when i started. Tank is about 2 weeks and i just put a damsel in. One died but the other is ok after a day. I can see the specs on the top of the water then they get blown around from the powerhead. Any good thoughts how to get rid of the specs?

Everything is still basically 0. Ammonia is between .25-.50. Pic looks worse then it is. My other fish i cant find now. Hopefully sleeping???

Attachments

• image-1361226803.jpg
    image-1361226803.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 82
High ammonia is not good, sounds like your 'sleeping' fish may be dead, 'trates and phosphates will make their appearances Sooner or later, sounds like maybe a pocket of decay was released or something. Is this a fully cycled tank?

Not cycled yet. Was told to cycle it with fish. I cant find the fish anywhere now. The other must have died last night. Not sure if i should try pure ammonia to cycle if the fish is dead? Maybe check tomorrow? Little frustrating. Do i jus try and cup out the specs?

Back
Top Bottom