Biocube 29 Led retrofit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I ordered an led kit from proled supply. I am receiving a 90 watt strip of blues and whites and also another 78 watt strip of blues, whites, 3 greens, and a pink. Question is what strip should I use ? They both have dimmers. Would the 90 watt be overkill ? Would the 78 watt bring out more colors because of the greens and pink? I have lps and softies. Would like to get some sps in the future.

That will be difficult since I will be using epoxy to install the led strips. My question is will greens and a pink effect the color much in the 78 watt kit? Will I ever need the full 90 watts in a small tank?

Again, it's personal preference. I don't feel they do effect the color much, if at all. Some like the look of the reds and greens. I prefer the straight blue and white since I believe the reds wash out the reds, and not make them more pronounced. Others will feel differently. I would hold them over lit, and make your own decision. Either will grow coral fine.

Back
Top Bottom