Black Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw a small black smooth crab in my reef twice now in the past week. It's about the size of a quarter, smooth sharp edges, no hairy look about it, quite ominous looking creature.
He obviously must have hitchhiked in on my new rock I recently added.
Please tell me how to get him out - Anyone ?
I would rather have him in the sump in a controlled environment rather than dining on my snails or coral God Forbid !!
I wont be able to catch him my rock setup in my display , as well as my reef won't allow for easy retrieval.
Thanks

Try taking a glass and laying it against one of the rocks, and putting some food in, it's a common trick because the crab can get it, but it's too slippery to get out.

Give it a day or two and see how that goes

Fishtale said:
I saw a small black smooth crab in my reef twice now in the past week. It's about the size of a quarter, smooth sharp edges, no hairy look about it, quite ominous looking creature.
He obviously must have hitchhiked in on my new rock I recently added.
Please tell me how to get him out - Anyone ?
I would rather have him in the sump in a controlled environment rather than dining on my snails or coral God Forbid !!
I wont be able to catch him my rock setup in my display , as well as my reef won't allow for easy retrieval.
Thanks

Ive had one of these for quiet some time... No issues to date

Fishtale said:
What do you think he is eating ?

Uneaeth food chunks n maybe algae ... I see it in the live rock where I have the toadstools n button polyps... n moves to where my LTA is

The tilted glass trick always worked for me. The sump would be a good place for him.

Back
Top Bottom