Black ghost knife bloated or just fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After being gone all last night and today I came home to one of my dwarf gouramis very sick and bloated, I think its going to die :/ after doing some research I think it has dropsy. But now that I think about it my bgk is also bloated looking but has been about as long as i've had it, about 3-4 weeks. I had thought I just bought a fat one, I do feed him well. My question is could this be an illness or is he just fat? He seems fine and eats and swims normal. I was thinking if he was sick all this time he already would have got worse. Is it possible to just have something for that long and the parasite or whatever it is just not be effecting him bad yet? I will cut down on how much I feed him. I'm already sad about my gourami and wouldn't want this to happen to another fish, especially him. Any advice would be appreciated

Sorry to hear about your Gourami... :( Not sure about the BGK having dropsy or a parasite but if you're really worried about him being too "fat" I guess you could see if he will accept a blanched/pealed pea. Those always seem to help with digestive problems.

R.I.P dwarf gourami :/ he died :( but I'll try doing that but I doubt I'll be able to get him to eat it, maybe if I let him eat it outta my hand. Now that its been a few hours since i fed him I looked and he looks a little less bloated so maybe he is just fat lol, hopefully. I'll start feeding him a little less and see if he gets any smaller.

Poor Gourami... R.I.P... :( Sorry to hear about that.

Anyways, that sounds like a great plan! It is actually very likely he is just fat. That happened to one of my cardinal tetras once too, but he was just fat... nothing wrong with him... But cutting down on feedings should do the trick. Good luck! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom