Black molly with worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you :)
Wow this really really clouds the water with each BBS/ dog dewormer feeding 2xs a day as you said...
Looks like a swimming in poison tank...

My girlfriend keeps going on and on about how I should go by common sense and not 4 obsessed strangers as she put it... Says I'm killing the fish and I need to dump and bleach the tank... And I need to feed flakes too an double amount of brine shrimp..
As for planning on getting my betta a 5 gallon tank she told me it was a big waste of money and she's a tiny little fish and is fine in the 1 gal.
(I really am sorry for venting about relationship/fish issues but someone out there has to understand... I'm trusting you implicitly and continuing on with my dosing)

My girlfriend didn't really understand why I changed up so much stuff either. She thought I was just listening to "the internet".

Just have to remind her that these are some people with LOTS of experience, and who have done LOTS of research and know what they are talking about.

In a completely non-rude way, just tell her to READ SOME! :D (Jk, she'll get pissed, my girlfriend did lol)

I did a 50% water change and the fish are all up and swimming around happily... :)

Should I do these water changes daily or how often??

Cesar, my male, has been chasing around his favorite female Cruella all morning... Even more so after their water change this morning :)
Though they were all laying on the bottom when I got up this morning, they have perked up a lot with the tank light on... It's encouraging...

My girlfriend says I need to stop my daily 50% water changes cause it's bothering the fish... I tried explaining the importance of frequent water changes with stressed/ sick fish but she cut me off at ammonia..
Hoping this treatment is working... My male has no visible worms anymore but the black Molly has some longer more faded worms hanging out.. Maybe they're weakening and starting to expel?? I ONLY HOPE!! :)

I just want them better so I can move them
Into their new 20 gallon long tank I got... Alas she says we can't move them till we get a lid... Tells me the importance of lights... Hmm interesting due to how much research she's done.. (zero)

The molly is quite extremely squared off now and is in the 10 gallon QT by herself... awaiting fry. Tho, I'm wondering since her vent is stuffed with worms if that will block the exit for the fry? OR will they still be able to pop thru? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Can I put any fry I find in my fry tank with my newborns from the other day?? The fry shouldn't be affected if they're born alive right?

Back
Top Bottom