Black phantom tetra swimming crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmthepainter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I was wondering if this is neon tetra disease?
My black phantom is bopping up and down then it will really fast do a few circles upside down and sideways. His fins are a bit nipped or rotted...
I have since removed him.
Thanks

Sorry. The tank is 40 gallons setup for few months. No amonia, nitrites
20 or less nitrates
Co2 injection with lots of light and heavy planted.
There are a out 4 more tetras, two algae eaters, a few otos.

Other fish are ok. Although the rest if the tetras and. It schooling and staying singular. They are a bit nippy though.

Pictures please! The infamous NTD is contagious, so you did good isolating him. A very noticeable factor would be the clearing of the scales (losing color.) At this point it would be appropriate to euthanize the fish, to stop its suffering. Look into it a lot more before doing anything you might regret, none of us want to lose our fishy friends. Hopefully someone with experience with NTD will see this thread :)

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

Pictures please! The infamous NTD is contagious, so you did good isolating him. A very noticeable factor would be the clearing of the scales (losing color.) At this point it would be appropriate to euthanize the fish, to stop its suffering. Look into it a lot more before doing anything you might regret, none of us want to lose our fishy friends. Hopefully someone with experience with NTD will see this thread :)

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

Hello
Sorry I got rid of him yesterday.. I can say that he wasn't loosing scales or colour. Just some torn fins and its crazy swimming.
Thanks for your reply.
I will post a picture if any of the others show an signs.
thanks again
Brian

Back
Top Bottom