Black sand substrate recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachaellee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm planning to start a new 20 gallon tank and I want to use black sand substrate this time, I'm seeing online a lot of recommendations for black diamond sandblasting sand but it appears very sharp and I want to keep some pygmy corys and also shrimp so it would need to be invert safe. I looked for Caribsea black tahitian moonsand but it doesn't appear to be available anymore. Any recommendations for a fine black sand?

I have the black sand blasting sand in 2 tanks and love it. One has a common pleco in it and the other 4 corys. They've been in there on it for 6 months or so. They all seem active and healthy. I've never noticed injuries. My big red devil did have it in her tank tho, and I switched it out to my angel fish tank cuz she likes to dig holes (and wasn't digging very much, just a little moving it around) and they don't dig. But she always ate a ton and never seemed or looked hurt. She's happier now with gravel she can pile up. The sand would shift easier. I can't speak for shrimp tho, sorry

Back
Top Bottom