Blackmoor Diagnosis - Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weaselandalf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have read the rules about posting in this forum, and I think it is Ich, but I'ma newbie please, please could someone confirm this please? I treated with Machalite green last time I thought he had this, my Pearlscale died last week, please confirm! 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

My tank is full of aglae though, it's not algae on him is it? He has been slow and not eating much these last two days.

Attachments

• blackmoor.jpg
    blackmoor.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 56
8O

Wow. I don't think that is ich...but rather some sort of...external bacterial infection, maybe. How often are you doing water changes? How large is the tank with your goldie?

Is that white stuff on your plants? I can't really make it out. Have you been removing it, or letting it grow?

I am doing water changes, and I try to get the stuff to come off. My tank is 30" x 12" x 15" and heavily planted, I've had it just over a month. I must say that after posting, the blackmoor (the only fish except a tiny one that lives under the filter) looked a bit better.
I was going to get a weather loach or maybe a clown loach in the hope that they could help eat the stuff growing on the plants. (I know I'll still need to do water chnages). Do you think the stuff on the plants (which I think is some sort of algae, though I havn't ever found it on the net) is the same as the stuff on the fish?
After all, whales get seaweed growing on them, could this be a similar kind of thing? :?
Thanks, Lex

I have no clue what is on the plants, but it would definitley be unwise to add any fish right now.

How often do you do your water changes? Have you tested your water? Do you know how many gallons your tank is?

The tank is 23 gallons, and I will not add any fish. I admitt I don't do water changes as often as I should, only about once every one a a half weeks :oops:.

The water shows very low levels of Nitrite, which I am waiting to come back down (I treated with Machalite green and apparently this kills all helpfull bacteria, so I'm waiting for regrowth). As I only have one fish I didn't think I'd need to change too regularly, plus I have lots and plants and a filter that's big enough for the tank capacity. Thank you again for the help.

I'm willing to do anything and everthing to help my fish recover and live in a good tank.

I would do a large water change right away and add melafix. Discontinue malachite green. What is your water temp?

Back
Top Bottom