Blind fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone ever deal with a blind fish? I think one of my fish is blind.

He is a jade golby I have had him about 5 months. He is 5-6in long. I think he is blind because he constantly swims into things like the stone cave that's in there. He swims right into it several times till he finds the entrance. He swims into the heater, the filter, glass walls, goes for food and always misses on the first shoot. The other fish started picking on him some so be stays on his side mainly. I spoke to the store they said maybe it was some cloudy eye thing and fave me stuff to treat. Didn't work. I don't think it's a disease . None if my other fish have a problem and he has done it since I got him. He is starting to lose a bit of weight because he doesn't get as much food cause he misses and the other fish get more. I try and make sure he gets enough but it's hard. Any suggestions? If things don't get better I gonna have to find him a home. I don have another tank big enough for him. He should be alone so he can have more food. But finding someone to take him is t easy! I don't trust just anyone!

I have been trying to bit incant find him a home. So I need advise in the meantime please

Not currently the only tank I have is a ten gallon and he would not do well in a small tank. And currently I do not have the funds or space for another large tank. It's not aggression I'm worried about its more making sure he gets food which he does but is like him to get his fill like the others.

Not currently the only tank I have is a ten gallon and he would not do well in a small tank. And currently I do not have the funds or space for another large tank. It's not aggression I'm worried about its more making sure he gets food which he does but is like him to get his fill like the others.
Did you try hand feeding him?

Like I said I am trying to relocate him. But no one will take him. Also I don't have a spare tank that will fit him. He is to large for my spare. He is better off in the tank with the other fish.

You can buy feeding tweezers (i think that's what you call them) i have them for my fish got fed up with getting bit, i got mine off eBay but some lfs might sell them. They might help you at the moment.

Thanks ill look for them. I started putting a home made divider in during feeding time. It seems to help but be still has trouble finding the food so hopefully that will help. Poor little guy!

Thanks ill look for them. I started putting a home made divider in during feeding time. It seems to help but be still has trouble finding the food so hopefully that will help. Poor little guy!

Hope you find some

Back
Top Bottom