bloated betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubeardy

Aquarium Advice Activist
my betta bloats every time he eats... he is acting completly normal and seems healthy other than a bigger belly after eating. I feed him frozen Mysis or bloodworm. I avoid pellets and flake food cause I know they cause bloating. Am I over feeding him?

my betta bloats every time he eats... he is acting completly normal and seems healthy other than a bigger belly after eating. I feed him frozen Mysis or bloodworm. I avoid pellets and flake food cause I know they cause bloating. Am I over feeding him?

Bloodworms are probably the most bloating thing I know of. I strongly suggest pellets. Betta Buffet Pellets from Omega One are great for bettas! How much do you feed him?

he won't eat pellets. I've tried several different brands and he just refuses. and I don't want to feed him flakes. I'd the Mysis shrimp ok for him? .. the bloodworm can be a treat instead.

If you don't feed him for a day or two and then try pellets he may come around. Sometimes you need to take other options away to get them used to something different at first.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you don't feed him for a day or two and then try pellets he may come around. Sometimes you need to take other options away to get them used to something different at first.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I'll give it a go, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom