Blood parrot question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NjFabianoWNY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
5zebra danios on 9/15/14
Then
1 T-barb and 2 spotted PimCats 10/1
Had that all for a month then jus recently added a baby (quartersize) Red Blood Parrot, and half dollar size Silver Angel.

I knew the blood parrot was a small risk, and am prepared to take him out if I need to. I was told the BP should be very shy for the first couple days/weeks and hide mostly. Everything seemed fine the first day/night, but I haven't seen him hide once yet. He seems to be annoying everyone else a bit.

Not "going after" anything per say, but will SLOWLY a lunge at things. (Mostly the pim cats and angel), and they dart away. I've had him for 2 days.

My question is this:

The BP almost seems to be playing with them. They seem kind of annoyed, but nothing goes to hide or anything. The BP just seems to like to bother them for second, lunge at them, they'll dart away, then the next minute they're right next to each other no problem. I don't know if this is, or is gonna be a problem...and I should just remove the BP and go with something less aggressive.

Or if they are just playing and I should wait it out....

What size tank? The blood parrot will get fairly large.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

46 gallon bow front.
Sand substrate.
Well planted with rocks and slate rock.

I realize I may have to take him out, or upgrade tank size (already want to regardless) eventually, but that should be months if not a year or so away.

I would continue to keep an eye on them. Blood parrots can be anything from peaceful to aggressive since you never know what they are a true mix of.

Yeah, well he was a nuisance all day today. And I notice a small tear in my angels top fin.

Seems to play somewhat nice when I'm around, but my angels color has faded slightly and he kept spitting up food when I just tried feeding them.

I just took out the BP a minute ago and put him in a spare 10 gallon that I got running for this exact purpose and I plan to take him back tomorrow and get something different.

What's are some somewhat colorful fish, that get at least 5-10 inches big that will pair well with Angels and pim cats.
Can I get guramis? I love em but have read mixed reviews online with Angels...

Back
Top Bottom