Blood parrots and blue tangs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

priyasha_m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Blood parrot tankmates?

Hiya,
I had a tank setup earlier that i had to close because i was moving. Now that im back im thinking of getting 2 blood parrots again. They are great to have ! I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to have a blue tang in the tang with 2 blood parrots? They will be little right now, might upgrade my tank later or sell one blood parrot. It is a 55 gallon tank. I would like to know how the blood parrots will be with the blue tang. Or should i have one or the other? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks :)

ooh right! i had seen them at a lot of fish stores here. so got curious. thanks!

Thank you! :D As mentioned, I have a 55 gallon tank. I am wondering what other tank mates to give the blood parrots? I was thinking a couple of silver dollars and a Loricariid? What do u think?

Some rams or dwarf cichlids would be nice. I've seem some large blood parrots so that's why I'm not saying zebras or yellow labs.

Thanks for the advice guys! So i visited the LFS today and this is what they had :

Powder blue cichlid
Salvini
Ice blue cichlid
five color cichlid (not sure which one this exactly is but google says its "Aulonocara" )
flowerhorn
blue dolphin
red jewel
Red Kadango

Would love some advice as to which ones i should go for as these are really the options i have right now! Just dont want a lot of fighting in my tank!
I am just worried about putting the wrong fish as the last blood parrots i had were quite aggressive!
:)

Back
Top Bottom