blood red parrot cichlid???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AJG187 said:
I have two tanks.

My Africans do great with my bichir and rainbow shark. You are able to mix semi-aggressive tropical fish with Africans from my experience. My other fish had no problem acclimating to the water hardness.

In my other tank my blood parrots attack everything in the tank. Within 2 minutes my parrot and Oscar got into it bad. These are very aggressive fish an shouldn't be within a community tank.

If you want aggressive fish then go all aggressive. If you want community fish then all community. If you mix them then the community fish will be torn to pieces.

I've never had a big issue with these fish yesh they are very aggressive. But they don't do much damage to other fish. Try and split them up or get more fish. I have my blood parrots in a 125 with 100 other cichlids and they mainly keep to themselves. Oh ya and there about two years old

i swim said:
what other species can go with yellow labs?
can these go with them:
blood red parrot cichlid
Angel fish
cory cats
gourami

thanks!!!

Yellow labs are pretty docile but I have them in my 125 with like 100 other fish and they do just fine. Remember the more cichlids you have the more distraced the aggressive fish get. Its like a reality tv show you have to make sure you lots of fish so they get along. This if you want a community tank

cichlidmania26 said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cichlidmania26
This is my you tube channel showing my cichlid fish room and saltwater tanks. But you can check them out and see how well they get along

What do you say to someone who thinks I am cruel to keep red blood parrots,as they have a deformity of their mouths? Insinuating they are breed for their characteristics!!!!

mfdrookie516 said:
I wasn't asking about adapting. I know that it is not a good idea to mix them, and will never suggest mixing africans with other fish (with the exception of choice bottom feeders). I can also tell you that I have never seen a SA/CA/NW cichlid that could hold its ground against a mbuna. Maybe a peacock, an even slimmer chance with a hap, but most certainly not a mbuna. I had 5 multis that were 3/4" long kill a 3-4" rubber lipped pleco.

To the OP, if you're looking for fish that are compatable with yellow labs, I can suggest a few, but there are literally hundreds. What I have in my 150g are :
Yellow Labs
Kenyi
Auratus
Bumblebees
Acei
Red Zebras

I also have a few peacocks and a couple haps. I've been trying to rehome them, but have been unsuccessful. My tank is big enough that I dont have any issues with territory, but I would never suggest mixing haps, peacocks, and mbuna... or any combination of the 3, in a small tank (<100g). If you'd like some more ideas, go to cichlid-forum.com and click on 'profiles' over on the left. Choose Lake Malawi, then mbuna. Just about any of those fish are compatible.

What do you say to someone who thinks I am cruel to keep red blood parrots,as they have a deformity of their mouths? Insinuating they are breed for their characteristics!!!!

Back
Top Bottom