Bloody Goldfish Under the Scales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

falut

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my common goldfish for about 4 months. He is in a 10 g tank. with one other recently obtained common goldfish (I got him 3 weeks-ish ago) as a companion. They are about two inches long from nose to tail. The goldfish with the problem is slightly larger.
At first both seemed to lose a few scale but nothing horrible.

A week ago I noticed blood on the larger goldfish's chin. The blood was on the inside. He seemed perfectly happy and when I looked it up online decided he may have tried to eat a rock.

Yesterday I noticed two very large angry red spots (looks like blood under his scales) where the body and tail connect. One patch on his back and one on his belly.

I took him over to the pet store. They did not know what it was. He is still extremely active.
I decided it may be Costia.
His "internal bleeding" started to spread.
I got some medication and put in the recommended amount.

4 hours later the "internal bleeding" is still spreading.

I walked into the room and saw him resting on the gravel. As soon as I came up he started swimming. He is trying so hard but I don't know what to do.

His condition is worse. instead of a "rounded back" it is straight lines. his back end seems to have lowered or shifted somehow.

ph 7.6-8
Ammonia .22
Nitrite 0

Help?

Picture by him (yesterday) now it is extending everywhere.
Sorry he is not photogenic

Welcome to AA!!!

Can you provide some more information so that we may be able to better help you?

What exactly are you testing your water with-liquid or strips? Do you also have nitrate levels? Can you also provide the numbers for your tap water? What is your water change schedule (%/#wk)? Are both fish afflicted with these symptoms? Thanks!

I used liquid. I did not gather enough water to test for the last (I think nitrate it could be nitrite; the one i previously did not mention). It seemed the least dangerous out of ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite.
The other fish is not exhibiting any signs like the one with the "blood".
I do 25-50% water changes weekly depending on the waste

Back
Top Bottom