Blue acara acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shivermetimbers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So we got an electric blue acara about 4 days ago and she has been acting fine up until this morning.

She is still very small, maybe an inch long.
She has started kind of just floating near the top of the tank in one corner and doesn't want to move.
I stuck my finger near her to see what she would do, because normally she freaks out and runs off, but today she just floated down a bit, then when she knew I was gone, went right back to the top.

I'm unsure if she ate this morning as she was in her usual spot hiding amid the plants, her strange behavior started about an hour or 2 after I fed her.
She is in a 29 gallon with an older blue acara, 2 german rams, 2 angel fish, 2 cory cats, and a loach

Unsure of ph levels and whatnot I ran out of test strips and had planned on getting more today

It's not too old, maybe a month.

Now one of my other acara has gotten some.white spots on her. I am going to try to get a picture but she keeps moving like crazy

I've never had to deal with ick, but I'm wondering if it could be?

The baby acara still keeps gasping, but also goes to his plants every now and then. And does not have spots.

Got strips and all numbers are where they should be

No other fish have white spots and no other fish are acting like the baby acara

Attempting image upload
If this uploads here is the one with spots.
Her other side has a bit more but I can't get a clear pic

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_162624610.jpg
    IMG_20210101_162624610.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 54
The tank is a month old with an older blue acara? Need more details please

The tank is a month old with an older blue acara? Need more details please

Yes we just recently got the Acaras a week ago.
Tank is older as we let it run before adding

“Baby” is less than an inch. “Older” is just over an inch so they are both still very young. That’s just how I refer to them sorry for any confusion

My angel fish has gotten bad, I know it's some kind of parasite but I really need help identifying it before it spreads

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_091204931.jpg
    IMG_20210103_091204931.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 39
It's probably ich. You can use the heat method, I've had success with kordon rid ich

Back
Top Bottom