Blue led moon lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Guilefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I use one that's just standard blue or does it have to say aquarium moon light? If so whats the difference?
Because I want to actually see my nocturnal fish.

Hope its not bad that I double posted this...

If I am correct, you should be able to use a standard blue moon light. Is it made for aquarium's or is it for decorative use?
Also are you talking about Neon or Blue?

Should be fine, just make sure to put a glass between the light and the tank, to make sure it doesn't rust, and intoxicate you're fish.

I found marineland LED strips on sale at Petsmart a few weeks ago. Has both white and blue LEDs and you can turn on both or just the blue. they go inside the tank so no worries about the rust. I really like them!

BTW: I also found these strips on Amazon.

TrueLumen also makes a 3 bulb and larger led moonlights. They work great and are really cheap, $9 for the LEDs and $12 for the power adapter. I have them on my 20g tank, wish I had them on my larger one. The reason the power adapter and light is sold separately is because you can add up to 3 LED strips to one power adapter, making customizing the light much easier and more economical

Truly, the only problem would be the strength of the light, and the watts(so it doesn't heat up you're tank).

Can someone tell me more about actinic bulbs? I already have a fluorescent housing and being able to just buy a bulb would be really sweet.

Can someone tell me more about actinic bulbs? I already have a fluorescent housing and being able to just buy a bulb would be really sweet.

I had just a blue actinic and it turns everything blue and purple. Got a hood that holds 2 bulbs and added a 6700k bulb and together it's nice! Recommend getting one where you can switch them on and off individual that way you can use blue alone at night which looks cool

TrueLumen also makes a 3 bulb and larger led moonlights. They work great and are really cheap, $9 for the LEDs and $12 for the power adapter. I have them on my 20g tank, wish I had them on my larger one. The reason the power adapter and light is sold separately is because you can add up to 3 LED strips to one power adapter, making customizing the light much easier and more economical

Can you provide links by chance?

How many do you use?

On my 20g long tank I have one 3 bulb strip, I've thought about adding a second but haven't yet, I wouldn't want it to be too bright. If I ever see them in a store I know I'll pick another up though ill post a picture in a minute

On my 20g long tank I have one 3 bulb strip, I've thought about adding a second but haven't yet, I wouldn't want it to be too bright. If I ever see them in a store I know I'll pick another up though ill post a picture in a minute

Ok thanks. I want one for my 25 gallon.

The picture came out pretty good I think, I was worried cause my plants have reached my glass lids and have started shading out the lights a little haha time for a trim I guess

In the second picture I showed how I have the strip stuck to my t5 fixture

Attachments

• image-2482459699.jpg
    image-2482459699.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2823008224.jpg
    image-2823008224.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 44
The picture came out pretty good I think, I was worried cause my plants have reached my glass lids and have started shading out the lights a little haha time for a trim I guess

In the second picture I showed how I have the strip stuck to my t5 fixture
Thanks! That looks really good! I am gonna get one probably now!

Thanks! That looks really good! I am gonna get one probably now!

Np, and thank you! With a 25 since its not as long as my tank I think one 3 bulb strip would do great, the only reason I though about a second strip would be to spread it out but one is definitely bright enough

Np, and thank you! With a 25 since its not as long as my tank I think one 3 bulb strip would do great, the only reason I though about a second strip would be to spread it out but one is definitely bright enough
Sweet! Its in my room so seeing the fish at night would be sweeeet!

This is my first time attempting a pic attachment but here's what a blue actinic bulb alone looks like in the hood if you're looking at options. Good luck

image-962958633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom