blue lobster/crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got given a blue lobster or from what I told a crayfish I need advice on what kind of tank I need and how big and what other kind of tank mates and what to feed and when any information would be greatly appreciated

I keep mine in a 20L and it I think that works great. I don't add any tankmates, besides basic cleaner snails, because they would probably get eaten. I feed mine a varied diet. Shrimp pellets, sinking carnivore wafers, algae wafers, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, zucchini, and he snacks on snails as well. You'll get the best coloration if you feed a variety of foods. When they molt (shed their exoskeleton) don't remove it from the tank because they will and should eat it.

Thank u for the advice I know nothing about them lol

No prob! I'll add that they do great in cooler waters, so unless the room the tank is in gets extremely cold, a heater shouldn't be needed. They are great escape artists, so make sure there's a tight fitting lid. They do create quite a bit of waste so make sure you keep up on your tank maintenance. They like well oxygenated water so running an airstone is a good idea, especially if the filter flow doesn't create much surface agitation. I kept mine in a 10 gal tank for some months and it molted many times. When he reached about 5" I moved him into a 20L. :)

Back
Top Bottom