Blue rams hanging out near mid/top of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 2 german blue rams about 2 weeks ago. Within the last day the one that was chasing the other one around is now hanging out near the top. My water parameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 10-20 hard to tell what orange I am using the api test kit. My water is 80 degrees and the tank is a 29 gallon. I just did a 20% water change and he still is in mid range, his back fin looked a little clamped also. Just want to know if anyone had this experience with them.

This happens with my Bolivian, GBR, and gold rams my females stay mid to top and my males low to mid and they are perfectly healthy but this is usually after they mate my females stick together mid to top

What sort of filtration are you running? It sounds like low O2 sat at first glance.

I have an airstone and the biowheel penguin filter. They tend to b lower after the eater change.

It just started, this morning they were at the bottom next to each other. The one always used to chase the other. I haven't seen it the last couple days.

Today the one that was hanging out near the top doesn't look so good. He still is near the top and his back fin looks like it got smaller. I will attach pictured.

The other blue ram chases him all the time and the other fish I have are not aggressive, so idk. I just got them two weeks ago. I don't want to put medications in my tank already it is about 4 weeks old

Impulse09 said:
The other blue ram chases him all the time and the other fish I have are not aggressive, so idk. I just got them two weeks ago. I don't want to put medications in my tank already it is about 4 weeks old

Well then I say euthanize if you don't want to medicate I don't think he will recover
And I also think its fin rot

Impulse09 said:
How do u euthsnize. How can I treat?

For fin rot I use API fungus cure I only had to treat for it once but it worked great

There are a few methods I heard of clove oil but as barbaric as it sound I put them in a peice of paper towel and give one quick crack with a hammer it can't get any faster then that sorry if it offended anyone

Impulse09 said:
I don't think I can do that.

Well I would suggest treatment then fin rot can make its way to others I delt with it once and it almost wiped out my livebearer tank because I took action a little to late

So what can I do for a treatment of fin rot? I put the blue ram in a delegate 10 gallon last night he wasn't doing good in the 29 gallon always getting chased and he has no back tail

2011-10-27_18-07-25_997.jpg

ForumRunner_20111029_091929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom