Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henry1245

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

I am, thinking of getting a blue ram, however, after looking online, many people who buy them from UK stockists say they die with a couple of months.

Has anyone in the UK got any blue rams and have you had any probs?

Cheers!
H.

I got some from my lfs in Plymouth and never had a problem and they are about 7 months old now

Hi. I'm no expert but I've kept rams for a few years now. Theyseem to be quite hardy. In personal experience I've kept them in a community tank with buenos aires and aquiadens cerviceps. Still no trouble. Only problem you might have is that as a pair they seem very territorial. As most cichlids I'd provide plently of hiding places. Ps. Check you ph level. Having kept them I would say 6.8-7.5. Have a check anyway. I might have forgotten.

Wagbo said:
Hi. I'm no expert but I've kept rams for a few years now. Theyseem to be quite hardy. In personal experience I've kept them in a community tank with buenos aires and aquiadens cerviceps. Still no trouble. Only problem you might have is that as a pair they seem very territorial. As most cichlids I'd provide plently of hiding places. Ps. Check you ph level. Having kept them I would say 6.8-7.5. Have a check anyway. I might have forgotten.

Mine have just spawned so yep I agree lol have had move all other fish to my other tank

Wagbo said:
Hi rich. I bet your glad they are spawning, or at least trying.lol

Yeah I'm glad, they tried before but nothing happened but this time its happened fine I am so excited apparently they have to be in perfect conditions so I must be doing something right lol

I've found most of the GBR pretty hardy in the UK, wouldn't say the same about the Electric Blue variant though. I've kept GBR successfully at temps of 26 and pH of 6.8.

Back
Top Bottom