blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 55g community tank and decided to add a pair of blue rams who have fitted in fine, after doing some reserch i discovered i have 2 girls however i wanted a pair one male one female for breeding so i have added one male. i think the best course of action will be to leave them till they pair off and just alow the other female to be alone what do u think? should i leave them be or add another male??

wow 40 views and no one knows? i guess what im really asking is would a 55g community give enough space to happily house 2 mated pair of blue rams? if so should i be adding more plants and pots etc to brake up line of sight to reduce agression

daveho said:
wow 40 views and no one knows? i guess what im really asking is would a 55g community give enough space to happily house 2 mated pair of blue rams? if so should i be adding more plants and pots etc to brake up line of sight to reduce agression

I don't "know" but it sounds reasonable. And yes I would add sight breaks.
More plants is always good ;)

Beware of multiple females with 1 male. IME with rams, the girls are feistier than the boys. That is a fair amount of floor space, so I honestly think you would be ok with 2 pairs in there if you wanted to try it as long as there are line of site barriers. No matter what you do, just keep a close eye on it for fighting, but either choice should be ok in a tank that size IMO.

Back
Top Bottom