Blue Spotted Mushrooms and Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rutrag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got these about a week ago from Atlantic Sea Farms in Virginia Beach. I moved the mushrooms last night as they weren't happy where they were and hadn't really opened up. They look much happier this morning. I'm still not sure about where i have the Xenia though.
41906-albums1989-picture14513.jpg

41906-albums1989-picture14514.jpg

They look like waving xenia to me. Do the little heads open and close? Then it'd be a pulsing xenia. At least thats what I think LOL

They look like waving xenia to me. Do the little heads open and close? Then it'd be a pulsing xenia. At least thats what I think LOL

They did open and close when I was drip acclimating, but have not since being in the tank. I think I need to relocate them to a lower current area, but I'm having trouble finding that balance between "no dead spots" and "swirling vortex of chaos" LOL.

Xenia can be a pain in my experience. LOL Sometimes mine are pulsing like crazy sometimes they just sit there. i think it has to do with your water chemistry. I have mine in a relatively hi flow area right now and they are still pulsing. And spreading like crazy. i would keep it isolated so that it doesn't spread to every part of your tank. I've seen tanks where its growing off the walls lol

Nice pick ups. Xenia is super weird. Has bad and good experience with it. My $50 Xenia died within a week and my free Xenia from my bf's coworker is amazing. Mind you he picked literally the highest spot in the tank and is almost out of the water...he is doing well! Lol

Attachments

• image-2937330068.jpg
    image-2937330068.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom