Blur hippo help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramseyawad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My blue hippo had this mark appear over the past few days not sure what it is just behind his eye

Attachments

• image-3191464983.jpg
    image-3191464983.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 123
Can't really tell but kinda looks like Hlle. A lot of tangs get this. To get rid of it, make sure he's getting veggies and fantastic water quality. Hope he gets better :)

Yeah ,thats HLLE,,usually a sign of poor water conditions and lack of proper nutrients

The water quality is in parameters but when he had ich a few weeks ago he seemed to scratch himself against the rocks, he's better now as in no signs of ich or rubbing he's eating well I give him half a cube of misis in the morning and place some red seaweed on a clip that lasts normally 2 days and in the evening he has a small amount of prima so he get variety, I normally do a 20% wc every 5 days is that too long?

The seaweed should be in the water no longer than a few hours ,,take out what he doesn't eat...Start adding vita-chem to the food..You should also feed him some type of formula 2 (flake or frozen ,i prefer frozen)..Also get some mega marine algae formula ...He needs more variety

FTMMWS said:
The seaweed should be in the water no longer than a few hours ,,take out what he doesn't eat...Start adding vita-chem to the food..You should also feed him some type of formula 2 (flake or frozen ,i prefer frozen)..Also get some mega marine algae formula ...He needs more variety

He does also have formula 2 flake

Attachments

• image-1683164306.jpg
    image-1683164306.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 107
Yes it is just him and a watchman blenny

Attachments

• image-1443708281.jpg
    image-1443708281.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 98
I'm not an expert on gangs, but I'm pretty sure they need a 6ft long tank atleast.

Lol I meant tangs, dang auto correct on this phone lol

That tanks too small. You NEED a 6 foot tank for most tangs including blue hippos. That could be cause of Hlle.

Back
Top Bottom