Bolivian Ram, Angelfish, or Red Tailed Shark?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
What would you get with a 29 gallon planted tank? What is best for a community tank? I want a Bolivian but some of the images they appear pretty dull.

What are the tank dimensions? the bolivian is probably the best choice for that tank. If its a tall tank an angel would be very well suited. I wouldnt do an RTBS in a 29 unless it was the only bottom dweller and even then the tank is really too small.

The dimensions are 30 L x 12 W x 18 H and do Bolivian Rams get more colorful when in a real tank instead of a store tank?

We're considering Biolvian Rams as well and our LFS told us they DO get beautiful with color. Google Bolivian Rams and check out the images. They look like terrific little fish...

Some can be very colorful when they mature, others maybe not. Depends on tank conditions, sex, diet, quality of light.

I would do a angel and ram. You could also do gourami, rainbows, cory cats and lots other.

Go with the ram. Or get a m/f pair. Lighting is key also watch your substrate. Light colored sand will tend to wash out colors, as they tend to camouflage themselves. If you do go with a pair. The male will color up VERY nicely once he hits sexual maturity.

Back
Top Bottom