Bolivian Rams Success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supradupafast

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, after a 3 months of having 2 pairs of Bolivian Rams.. Taadaa!
It all started about a month ago, when doing a PWC, the rams were attacking the Python. I stopped and noticed alot of eggs and realized the pair were protecting their eggs. The eggs disapeared after a few days without any frys. About a week ago, the other pair had laid some eggs and they disapeared after 2 days again... Didn't think much of it figuring they had been eaten.
So this evening, I sit in front of the tank to observe... only to find lots and lots of frys swimming below their parents, and the Rams chasing any other fish that comes close to their territory...
I know I know.. Pictures.... They are sleeping right now and I don't want to wake them up... Tomorrow.. I swear :)
So, hopefully some make it..

I will be needing a bigger tank, since about 6 months, I have doubled my Cory Cat population, and now these...
60 Gal --> going on 90 Gal soon!

COngratulations. Make sure the fry have plenty to eat. Crushed up/powderised flake or cichlid pellets will do. Hopefukky the parents are successful at guarding the fry.

ummm. the best food for fry is baby brine shrimp. not pellets.

Yeah, been feeding Baby brine shrimp.
So, day 2 and the Frys are looking good. Parents are super protective.. I'll keep em' in there with the parents and see how they do.

ummm. the best food for fry is baby brine shrimp. not pellets.
He didnt say crushed up pellets or flakes were the best, he said they will do, which they will ;)

Congrats on the fry, most people have horrible luck keeping rams in general, quite an accomplishment to successfully breed them :)

Haha.. Looks like I'm doing something right... hehe
They seem to be quite happy, showing off their colors. Quite the lil' attitudes when parenting their babies. Shoo'ing off any other fish that come close. Was funny to see the Ram bumping the Striped Gourami...
So far so good. The wife is actually snapping pictures as we speak.

Ummm... Lets try this

Attachments

• aquarium042010.jpg
    aquarium042010.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 88
  • frys1.jpg
    frys1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 94
  • frys2.jpg
    frys2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 83
  • frys3.jpg
    frys3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 85
LOL!!! I was looking at it and wondering what the red string in there was! HAHAHAAAAA!
Anyway, I figured out what it was and man, they ARE tiny! And cute!
And I love the tank! Very nice!

Hehe.. well, thank you.
Looking at the tank from the same view, the "hotel" is in the left corner under the driftwood (under that bushy plant). That's where all the magic happened for that couple.

The part I really like about these pics, is the parents are watching them at all times! So cute.

when I got my proven pair of EB rams(female died of dropsy less then 24 hrs after I took delivery so not my fault) they were like stink on you know over their fry. tons of pairs in the 20L but they sure do know how to parent like most SA cichs do.

(I wanna get some SA mouth brooder dwarfs if they exist)

Back
Top Bottom