Bonding Acrylic to Glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`m going to move this to correct forum and I`ll leave a ghost post or shadow post whatever you want to call it so they can see it here also. Good Luck.

Going out on a limb here, but why not just buy some silicone at your local hardware store? Last time I bought pet store type silicone I paid way more for a little tube than if I had gone to the hardware store. Personally I think there's a little old lady somewhere making a killing using a caulking gun and some pre printed resale tubes.

GE silicone #1 is safe and is 100% pure silicone, The exact same thing as the expensive all-glass silicone and the GE is 1/4 the price. Siliconeing plexiglass to glass is easy but you don't want it where you will have to have any pressure against the plexi or it will pull away from the silicone. Just make sure it says 100% silicone and it is fine. Don't use anything else. The ingredients on the GE says 100% VOC which is silicone. I have used it on numerous occasions and never had a fish die from it and have never had it fail. The glass will break most times before the silicone gives on glass. If you can, I would use glass just to get the bond between the glass pieces and not have to worry about the plexi ever moving or the silicone giving way off the plexi. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom