Bought a house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MD John

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I moved. Bought a house five miles from where we rented. Had to move the fish. Always fun. Now I have well water and a stream. Just ventured into the woods today and identified northern red belly dace. I hope there’s darters in there. I may not look till spring.

Congrats on the new home and that nice to have a well and stream. I hope there is Darter in the stream. I could easily catch Rainbow Darter in my area.

Wow, such a wonderful thing to get a house. An a huge plus with a well and stream! Congratulations. It is a big commitment and can be quite a bit of work. But fun and obviously so practical and mind easing since you can make decisions about what you do with it ( and how big and how many tanks you keep).

Moving tanks and house is a pain.

How will getting your new house make your fish keeping different?

Well my basement doesn’t have a sink. That I have to get used too.
I didn’t loose any fish fish during the move. My native tank took a hit right before though. I have 3 blue spotted and one blackbanded at this point. But, they seem to be doing great. Also, I found a dried up one outside the tank at the old house. Not sure how that happened. I saw a 40gal breeder on market place...hmmm.

Real question is does your sink have a basement? Mine had nothing in the basement but a day trip from the plumber changed all that. Have them set you up for cPVC and you can make all the mods you want

40 Breeder is a fabulous sized tank!!! I had one which was fabulous!

*Tight fitting lid and duct tape! Somewhere in that basement would be a place to get some water!!! What a dream it would be for a direct water in and water out option. More planning to do!

I could easily add a water supply. The pipes are all over my head and there’s two outside garden hose shut valves right there.
Just got my new ride on mower. I have to cut a clear path to the stream. I’m like a big kid.

2548q7

https://freeimage.host/i/2548q7

Also, I have seen 4 different kinds of snakes already.

This is on my property. My property is like a triangle back there. Not sure exactly where. My neighbor says his crosses the stream. Mine either does or stops at it. I have to keep cutting the grass and weeds back into the woods more. The last owners didn’t do it much. I heard the ones before them always kept it cut. Lots of work ahead of me.

Back
Top Bottom