Breeding Angelfish and Bristlenoses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jorge A

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey,
I'm interested in fish keeping and thought it would be cool to breed fish for a few reasons. First, it seems like a cool experience, second I have an interest in keeping fish, and third I would like to fund the hobby I have of fish keeping, regardless of how much I am able to make. So I came here to get information from those who have gone through this whole process.
The resources that I plan to use are:
- A 40 gallon breeder tank
- Two Hydro Sponge V Filters
- Fluval Q1 Air Pump
- Heater
- Brine Shrimp Hatchery
Those seem to be the basic items I plan to use, I am thinking of keeping the tank bare bottom.
Now to the execution:
This is where I need peoples suggestions. I was thinking of getting some nice angelfish, getting them to pair off, and eventually breed. Same goes with the bristlenose plecos. If anyone has fish that are better to breed, or specific types of the fish I mentioned please let me know.
I have a lot of time on my hands, especially coming up in the summer, so thats why I thought it would be fun doing this. I will be updating and giving any additional info as people ask/time passes.
Thanks for reading :)

You can't breed fish with only one tank. The Bristlenoses will eat the Angel eggs and the Angels will eat the baby bristlenoses when they come out of the cave.

Breeding fish to make money ( even to just fund your hobby) is not as easy as it looks. :nono: First off, as Ghyti said, 1 tank will not do for either of the species you mentioned nor should you look at breeding fish with only 1 tank to use. Even breeding Guppies is best with multiple small tanks if you want to have a number of fry to sell.

I suggest you do a bit more research on the breeding of tropical fish in general before asking what types to breed. ;) Different fish need different materials and conditions for spawning. It's not really something you just "Jump in to". Here's a thread I was part of that discussed just about everything you need to know about breeding Angelfish. It's long because there is a lot of information in it. (y)
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/wigglers-at-last-237956.html

You could put them both in the same tank but you would need a separate tank for the angelfish eggs, you could hatch and raids yourself in another tank, the plecos would breed and protect eggs till they hatch, then tou could take some babies

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom