Brian's 2.11g Rimless Pico Cube (AquaTop)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Convict. It's just a little side project. Scaping a little 2g is more fun than i thought.

Amazing Brian!! You can make anything look, and grow good lol. I just got some of that MC stuff in my shrimp tank and it is spreading really well, but it has a lot of light on that tank- one of the 48" TrueLumen pro LED strips I had on my 60 is on two 10g's side by side (the guppy tank and shrimp tank) and of course everything grows wild haha. Even with a little screw in bulb and good I had it grew. So It should be fine in this tank. Anyways, you are doing an awesome job man! Keep it up!!

Hey! I have some MC too! It'll be interesting to see how yours does. Mine was in my 54G Corner, but the light was nowhere near enough for it. It did absolutely nothing, although didn't die. I moved it to a bowl I started, light to substrate is 2" (It's a very low bowl). It has a 23w CFL so I guess we'll see how she goes!

where did you get that drift wood? im considering getting one for my future 5-10 gallon shrimp tank=]

Thanks everyone!

Imsyu - the driftwood are just twigs i snipped off a larger piece of Manzanita.

Great looking tank! I can't wait to see it when it fills in! Did you order yours online? If so, would you mind giving me a link, because I couldn't find it on the aquatop website, amazon or ebay. Thanks!

Thanks bettagirl!

The tanks are sold on TruAqua's site... These tanks are superb in quality and priced right IMO. I honestly don't see much difference in quality from these tanks compared to a more expensive ADA tank. You'll certainly enjoy the quality!

High Clarity Glass Aquarium Tanks

I recommend getting the largest one that will fit the space you're thinking of putting it. What are your plans on plants and lighting? I can help if you need it. :)

I might not even be getting one- I'm working out a fish tank deal with my parents at the moment. If I start it I'll definitely let you know!

its doing really well, got the drift wood in today along with the rili shrimp,i have a mixture of high grade and some lower grades from the seller. there are 8 purple ramshorns in there too and seems they are reproducing abit lol and of course MTS

the 11.3 tank is housing purple rams and rili shrimp lol

oh haha yeah i forgot i subscribed to this thread LOL

Not much really going on here with this cube. It's low light and SLOW growing. The marsilea crenata isn't really doing anything under this light. It looked better when I first planted it. Guess it needs some higher light and co2 to thrive. Other than that, the needle leaf java fern and mosses are doing well. The DHG is suprisingly still green (mostly). There's also a bunch of diatoms and some brown hair algae making my stones & plants look unattractive. I think I'm going to throw a nerite snail in here soon!

Here's some pics:

ipuszLywEGUUE.jpg

iIDG1NgtX9T4R.jpg

ibnIkXTCk4zfZe.jpg

Still waiting for the time when I can put the Azoo Palm Filter on here rather than having to look at that big & bulky AC20! Haha... Maybe in a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom