BRIGHT green algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proff1949

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last few weeks I have noticed a very vibrant green something starting to cover only the bottom portion of the tank. All water paramaters are good bio load is minimal. Ive have done a 25% water change, added a algeafix and vacuumed the bottom of the tank but it starts to appear again in a few days. Any ideas?
I am unable to add photo at this time.

The Algae is likely thriving due to an abundance of nutrients in the water along with light! What lighting are you currently using and how long are the lights left on for? Is the tank positioned near a window?

Just found out my girl fried is feeding the fish several times in the evening because the "look" hungry. Although the tank gets normally about 6 hours of LED lighting a day I have cut it back to 3 hrs total. Plans this weekend are for a thorough cleaning and another water change to try and remove what I am sure is a major amount of excess organic debris. I have just added a protein skimmer also this week. Sure hope this works. Thanks for the replies.

Cut the feeding to every 2 or 3 days and you will be fine especially with the addition of a skimmer. Probably no need to go to 3 hours of lighting.

Back
Top Bottom