Brine Shrimp Eggs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russrimm

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a 6 gram tube of brine shrimp eggs. The instructions say to put tap water, course salt, and the eggs into a cone over a light source. Where in the world do I get a "cone" like this? Is there any tricks to doing this anyone can give me? Do I need to buy a seperate heater since I have to keep it at 80F?

I used to raise them in what looked like a cone shaped IV bag... Bought it as a kit at my LFS in California.
had a hose on the bottom and when you opened the valve they went down the tube into a container to feed the tank with...
for heat, keep the bright light source near the bag and the heat from the bulb will heat them. control the temp by the distance from bulb to bag.

Big Al's sells a gizmo that you use with a 2 liter soda bottle with the bottom cut off. It screws on the mouth of the bottle and acts as a base. It has a connection for air also. It worked pretty well for me. You may even be able to rig up your own hatchery using a soda bottle if you are handy. As for the temp, you can hatch them at a slightly lower temp, it just takes longer.

Back
Top Bottom