bringing out the color!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well yesterday i got a pair of bolivian rams and they seem happy in my tank water parameters are:

temp: 79.4
ammo: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5-10
ph: 7.6

the lfs had them at 7.4 and were drip acclimated for 90 minutes they seem happy they swim all over the tank up to about half the tank and they eat just fine they r between 1 to 1.5 inches long.

what can i do to bring out their colors???????

well, first i'd wait for the first few days for them to adjust and color up.........you can also make them more comfortable, and safer.........there are also certain fish foods which can help......and maybe a more natural pH(6.8-7 is better)

TheFishBoss97 said:
well, first i'd wait for the first few days for them to adjust and color up.........you can also make them more comfortable, and safer.........there are also certain fish foods which can help......and maybe a more natural pH(6.8-7 is better)

Well I was told that they r 3rd genertion and that the last were born into a 7.8 ph n 80 percent survived

Also I got some mysis shrimp to.feed them aswell as some shrimp sinking pellets for them and the cory cats.

Thx for both of your imput :)

In my lfs they use angled top lighting which then kind of reflects within the tank to give some side lighting. I think you'll need some top lighting too. I've not kept them myself, and I've not sorted my own lighting issues, but I did read that they look good with some side lighting.

Not sure about side lighting, i do believe it brings out colors, but can bother/stress out fish i believe. In a LFS, it may be fine as fish are usually already stressed out quite a bit. Maybe you can try getting angled reflectors. Side lighting will bring out colors, but will take away glare from you viewing, but will put glare on fish instead which im not sure is good. Just try foods, and wait a while for now.

Back
Top Bottom