Bristle tooth tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexRoerden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_1777.jpg
A few days ago I added this kole tang to my tank, he was completely healthy looking, but today, he has 2 brown spots by his eye and seems like his fins are a little damaged but I’m not sure if that’s from my niger trigger going after him. I’m really asking about the spots on his eye, and what do do about it.

Can you tell us more about the system? From not seeing much in that picture, I can see a pale fish. That means it is stressed, which you figured from the beat up fins...so there is bullying somewhere.
Bullying is always territorial in some manner, be it for a safe place or just in case someone attractive might swim past...so, how big is the tank? How long has it been set up? What are the current parameters? What are the other tank mates?

With the price of kole tangs now I hope he gets better! Like hank said tank size, parameters, tank mates? How’d he look at the store?

Sniper has asked all the questions that must be answered. If I remember correctly you have cyanobacteria in your tank, that means you could have poor water circulation, and that affects tangs, I'm sure it has to do with redox and therefore the dark spots on your fish.

Brown spot on yellow eye bristle tang.
Thabks everyone for always helping me out, good news, the tangs brown spot went away the next day. Believe it or not she was only 60$ she’s a beauty Yellow kole

Brown spot on yellow eye bristle tang.
Thabks everyone for always helping me out, good news, the tangs brown spot went away the next day. Believe it or not she was only 60$ she’s a beauty Yellow kole

They must not know Hawaii shut down lol! What a steal! I see em now for $200+... Glad she’s doing better!

Back
Top Bottom