Brooksters 29 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was ich, you only see one of the life stages of ich. It lives in the sand before turning into a swimmer and swimming up to find a host fish. Then they become a cyst that is the white spot, which then bursts and falls into the sandbed.

I understand
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
hypo salinity is very old school not used as much for ick . it is best to remove fish put in a qt where they can be treated with copper , since the fish are out this leaves the tank fallow ick spores like mentioned above don't have a host since the fish are gone, leave the tank fallow a few weeks will cause the spores to starve and die off , raising temp don't work like it does in freshwater ,

Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Saltwater Fish

Last edited:
One died. It was acting funny since day one.. not saying my tank was ready for the clowns but the remaining is doing well, clown gobes and cleaner shrimp, hermits are all doing well. Tank has some brown buildup on glass, scraped easily, running nice with all the skimmers and atos. This reef octopus is not a true hob but it does hob inside the tank. At first I was going to return it but after running it and seeing the results?? It can stay.. it's made for a sump so it's a one time buy, it floweth over like crazy the first night but it was in tank so no spill (I would have been extremely sad had I found the mess on the floor). I hide it behind rock work and it's actually kind of cook to watch, when commercials come on tv i turn to the skimmer for entertainment... hasn't dissatisfied yet.. this tank is going to be good. The goby keeps poppping out of different holes.. No matter where he is still looks un-impressed by everything but...

I know nothing about SW but all the best Brook. From a freshie perspective going SW always seems like a daunting prospect!

Congrats on making the jump and hope everything turns out well.

I know nothing about SW but all the best Brook. From a freshie perspective going SW always seems like a daunting prospect!

Congrats on making the jump and hope everything turns out well.

You'd own it, sell it, buy it back and triple your money.. less wcs!! Imagine that! It's just the start up that gets you (me). If I could do it again (I will). I'd setup a 40b on a 20gal sump and automate everything pertaining to lighting and water.

Last edited:
Noo

Attachments

• 1490315250672.jpg
    1490315250672.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 79
The blues...

Attachments

• 1490528129381.jpg